st: PCA of a correlation matrix ?

From   Hervé CACI <hcaci@wanadoo.fr>
To   STATA LIST <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: PCA of a correlation matrix ?
Date   Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:45:47 +0200

Dear all,

How can I (directly) extract the principal components of a correlation
matrix. Can I avoid _corr2data_ ?

Can Stata 8 _factor_ a (directly) correlation matrix ?

By the way, I translated into Stata 5 programming language many oblique
rotation procedures of a given UNROTATED factor pattern matrix. The _gpfobl_
ado can be found at my homepage (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/herve.caci) with a
link to the original authors' webpage at UCLA (Robert Jennrich & Coen
Bernaards).

Thank you in advance,
Hervé.
--