Re: st: RE: generate obs. according to some distribution

From   "Moon Joong" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: generate obs. according to some distribution
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:15:36 -0400

Dear Nick,

Thanks a lot!

But can I 'generate' command in using 'expand' command? I tried but I can't do it.

Since in my dataset I have many variables like rate - rate1, rate2..., I need to generate new variables containg values of variable risk corresponding the distribution of each rate.

The dataset looks like this:

scale rate1 rate2 rate3 .....
1 .3 .5
2 .05 .1
3 .2 .1
4 .15 .1
5 .3 .2

So I need to create new variables (scale1, scale2, scale3,...) and make this each new variable that contains values of scale corresponding to each rate (rate1, rate2, rate3,...).

Thank you very much in advance. I really appreciate your help!

MoonJoong