st: dtobit

From   "Giovanni Vecchi" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: dtobit
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:43:16 +0200

Dear statlisters:

The fact that dtobit provides marginal effects for the intercept term is
something which I cannot explain. In my view marginal effects should be
calculated for all covariates except for the constant term. In fact, I
don't know how to interpret the marginal change of something (intercept)
which is fixed by its very nature. May be I am missing something...

I would also like to note that <mfx compute> omits the partial effects
for the intercept from its output, and I think it would be desirable to
have dtobit behave similarly.

I would appreciate any comments on this.

Giovanni VECCHI
Dipartimento di Economia e Istituzioni
UniversitÓ di Roma "Tor Vergata"
Via Columbia, 2