st: MLE estimation of nonlinear function

From   Boryana Dimitrova <>
Subject   st: MLE estimation of nonlinear function
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:05:37 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to estimate a non-linear function with the
ml lf option in stata and I have problems with that.
I am pretesting the likelihood function by generating
data, but I cannot get back the parameter values I had
initially put in. I am estimating an hours equation
with tobit and a simple version of what I have to
estimate is: H=(aX+c)/(bY+d), where a,b, c, and d are
parameters to be estimated.

I would appreciate tremendously any suggestions and

Do you Yahoo!?