Re: st: -ml- options -nr-, -brrr-??

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, Stata Corp.)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -ml- options -nr-, -brrr-??
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:47:11 -0500

Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]> asks about some undocumented
features of the -ml- command:

> The 16april2003 ado file update includes, in part, a statement:
>     "8.  ml did not correctly compute the tolerance for the
> 	nrtolerance() option when the nr or bhhh options
> 	were also specified.  ... "
> However the -nr- and -bhhh- options are undocumented in the ref manuals
> or on-line help for -ml.

> There was a helpful but brief mention of the options in a Statalist
> message on 03 Jan 2002 from Vince Wiggins and Weihua Guan (StataCorp),
> stating in part that "The DFP, BFGS, and BHHH can be used by -ml-
> programmers, but they are not currently documented, though they may be
> in the future."

> Can they be documented please?

We are currently working on a new edition of the ML Book.  This new edition
will contain documentation for the -nr- and -bhhh- options.

The expected publication date is June of this year.

--Jeff