st: SUR on stacked data

From   "Vimalanand S. Prabhu" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: SUR on stacked data
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:01:25 -0400

Dear Friends,

I have data stacked into columns. I want to conduct a SUR on this data where

Y1 = f(x1)
Y2= f(x2)
where y1, x1 and y2, x2 are variables for different gender.
Note that both Xs are not same (else SUR is algebriacally equivalent to

Do you  know how to convert a stacked dataset into a formal where I can
directly use "sureg" command for SUR model?