Re: st: missing values

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   Re: st: missing values
Date   Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:35:19 +0100

PAtrick wrote:
> I have a data file that has the value 6 for the response don't know
> attitude items. I want to specify the value '6' as missing so that it is
> dropped from analyses. This should be simple but I can't fathom how to do
> it. Thanks in advance,

Assuming the variable is called attitude then

mvdecode attitude, mv(6)

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's
logic" - Tweedledee (Alice Through the Looking Glass)