st: SV: RE: SV: RE: Making symmetry

From   "Alexander" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: SV: RE: SV: RE: Making symmetry
Date   Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:28:44 +0200

Sorry about that. I should have searched the posts...

Both methods works perfectly. My first posting was however not 100%
correct. In addition to Id1 and Id2 I have several other variabels in
the dataset. When I run the code you suggested for me the other
variabels stays the way they were before.

Id1	Id2	Gender
1	2	Male
2	4	Female
3	5	Female

Then i run the code:
levels Id2, local(levels)
replace Id2 = .
foreach l of local levels {
 	qui replace Id2 = `l' if Id1 == `l'

And the result is:
Id1	Id2	Gender
1	.	Male
2	2	Female
3	.	Female
4	4
5	5

I would like the variabel 'Gender' to follow Id2
Id1	Id2	Gender
1	.	.
2	2	Male
3	.	.
4	4	Female
5	5	Female

I have tried to modify your code, but I cannot make it work...

Nick, did you get any results on your post 'MS software and Stata: a
proposal', tips and tricks for exporting Stata results into MS Office
applications? If not, I can try to make a FAQ like you proposed.

Best regards,
Alexander Severinsen