Re: st: Re: console Stata on OS X?

From   Reka Sundaram-Stukel <rsundara@wisc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Re: console Stata on OS X?
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:15:38 -0500

Thank you

reka
On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 09:25 AM, cnguyen@stata.com wrote:

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 02:33 AM, Reka wrote:

Does
anyone know
how I can get Stata 8 on OS X to startup without the gui?
Christopher Baum <baum@bc.edu> replied:

Indeed, it seems to be difficult to use Stata in the same way I can on
any other *nix platform: if in Terminal I type

./StataSE -b do foo

It does not terminate the app, but wants to put up a dialog stating
that the do-file has completed, and output has been placed in...
Use the -e option.

This makes it very hard to automate the use of Stata on OS X.
Annoyingly, executing Stata from the console does not respond to the
'-h' (help) option. On other *nix, stata invokes the console version,
while xstata invokes the GUI version.
I'll look into it.

-Chinh Nguyen
 cnguyen@stata.com

Reka Sundaram-Stukel
Graduate student
320 Taylor Hall
Department of Agriculture And Applied Economics
Madison, WI-53706