Re: st: 100x slower Graphics

From (Jeff Pitblado, Stata Corp.)
Subject   Re: st: 100x slower Graphics
Date   Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:35:35 -0500

Edwin Leuven <> points out that -histogram- is exceedingly
slow for large datasets.  I would like to point out that this is not the fault
of the new graphics system; the slowness comes from the fact that the code
generating the heights isn't as efficient as it could be.

We intend to fix this in a hurry so that it is ready for the ado update
scheduled for April 14.