st: Fwd: Question Regarding Dlogit2.ado for stata.

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Fwd: Question Regarding Dlogit2.ado for stata.
Date   Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:50:50 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu Apr 10, 2003 16:38:18 US/Eastern
To: [email protected]
Subject: Question Regarding Dlogit2.ado for stata.

Mr. Baum-
I am an analyst who is using STATA for a series of logistic regressions
that use survey data. I have found in the past that dlogit2 is very
helpful, as you can easily output both marginal effects, as well as
coefficients, and then outreg the result, thus making it easy to table
large numbers of regressions quickly. However, for this particular
project, I cannot use dlogit2 because it does not support pweights, which I
need to use for the correct standard errors. I just was curious as to why
dlogit2 supports f- and aweights, but does not support p weights? As a
follow-up, how hard would it be to program that piece in? I have not done
a lot of stat programming, but I think that it would be useful to have that
functionality, as I work with a lot of survey data, and as such could be
worth my time to learn how to write the code for it.

Thanks very much,
matt langley
Matthew Langley
Research Analyst II