Re: st: text editors

From   Reka Sundaram-Stukel <>
Subject   Re: st: text editors
Date   Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:06:12 -0500

I agree with the ESS opinion. I have been very excited so far with what
I have seen of it. My problem stems from the fact that when I try M-x Stata RET,
Stata does not start to execute as an inferior process. I am using Stata 8, for
OS X, and I think the problem is I am not able to start it as a console version.

I was hoping that there was a Stata startup option to disable the GUI and start
with just the command line. I think it would then work with ESS. I know that if
I just type Stata at the UNIX prompt on a OS X terminal, the gui pops up and I
imagine this is why ESS and Emacs is having trouble with it. Does anyone know
how I can get Stata 8 on OS X to startup without the gui?