st: intraclass correlation

From   cpligrining@northwestern.edu
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: intraclass correlation
Date   Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:40:47 CDT

I would like to calculate an intraclass correlation coefficient for cases
that were rated by an unequal number of raters.  For example some cases
had 2 raters and some had 3 raters.

Stata 6.0 is giving me an icc for such a dataset, but what formula is it
using to address the fact that there’s an unequal number of raters?  Is
this taken into account in the Between Mean Square and the Within Mean
Square as well as in the overall formula for the icc?

Thanks.