st: RE: RE: RE: copy values of matched cases

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: copy values of matched cases
Date   Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:43:45 +0100

Patrick Sturgis
> does this require version 8? I get the error message 'version 8 not
> supported' when I run command:
>  levels serno2, local(levels)
> even though I have successfully installed levels.

In detail, yes. In general, please note the advice in
the Statalist FAQ

"The current version of Stata is 8. Please specify if you are
using an earlier version; otherwise, the answer to your
question is likely to refer to commands or features
unavailable to you."

In particular, the description yielded by

. ssc inst levels

explains that -levels- is for Stata 8, and that -levels7-
is available for Stata 7. So just substitute -levels7-
for -levels-.

Alternatively, of course, go for the more attractive
-merge- approach suggested by Nick Winter.