st: copy values of matched cases

From   "Patrick Sturgis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: copy values of matched cases
Date   Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:28:37 +0100

I have the following problem:

I have data on individuals indexed by a unique identifier, SERNO. In
addition to SERNO, I have a vector of variables Z which are measurements
taken on each individual at time t. Lastly, I have a variable SERNO2 which,
for each case, gives the value of SERNO for a matched case in the data set.
What I wish to do is create a second vector of variables, X, which copy the
values of Z for the case indexed by SERNO2 to each value of SERNO. Any
suggestions?

Patrick

Dr Patrick Sturgis
Department of Sociology