st: Probit Plot Analysis

From   "Andrea Baccarelli" <>
Subject   st: Probit Plot Analysis
Date   Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:31:14 +0000

I need to reproduce an analysis published by Toide et al. in Cancer Epid Biom Prev 2003, 12: 219-222.

The analysis is mentioned in the paper as "Probit plot analysis".
It is a simple graphical univariate analysis. It is a graph, with "probit" on the X-axis and a continuos variable of interest on the Y-axis.
I do not understand whether this is a standard way of displaying data. The values on the Y-axis always increase with increasing values on the X-axis (It looks like a cumulative distribution graph).

Does anybody know how to reproduce this graph in Stata?

Andrea Baccarelli, MD
Genetic Epidemiology Branch
National Cancer Institute / NIH
6120 Executive Blvd. - EPS 7110