Re: st: Graph output: wmf to gif?

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "statalist" <>
Subject   Re: st: Graph output: wmf to gif?
Date   Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:07:32 +0100

on 01/04/2003 9:36 pm, at wrote:

> Mac OS X on the other hand has a new graphics interface (Quartz 2D) which
> Stata now supports.  Graphs drawn to the screen look just as good as what you
> see in an EPS file.  Exporting to a bitmap format like PNG yields very high
> image quality because what's on the screen is of high quality.

This is worth highlighting for the OS X users. I was very pleased with the
PNG versions of some graphs I did recently.

Ronan M Conroy (
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons
Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 1 402 2431 (fax 2764)

Be Kind
Placard carried by small child on anti-war march