st: RE: Classification analysis / risk tree

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Classification analysis / risk tree
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:58:50 +0100

Paul Seed

> I am interested in carrying out a CART-type analysis
> to find the best combination of questions for the diagnosis of
> Obstetric cholestasis.
>
> A web search in Stata revealed one relevant set of files
> (plus several that referred to the name Carter or similar).
> Wim van Putten's -cart- package, however,  performs a CART
> analysis for failure time data.
>
> Does anyone know of a CART-type package for Stata.

CART -- usually I think regarded as an abbreviation of
Classication and Regression Trees, after the monograph
by Breiman, Friedman, Olshen and Stone -- has been requested
several times as an addition to official Stata, including
at the NASUG meeting in Boston on March 17. The Stata
Corp response is in essence "We'll think about it".