Re: st: Interactions with instrumental variables

From   Chris Rohlfs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Interactions with instrumental variables
Date   Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:55:34 -0600 (CST)

dear jennifer,

i'm currently working on a project where i'm doing exactly that.  the way
i decided to solve the problem was by bootstrapping, which i think many
people would prefer to the "correct" standard errors, given that it's a
non-standard procedure.

Stas Kolenikov has a really helpful tutorial on how to use the - bstrap -
command for such purposes.  he links to it from his webpage:
http://www.komkon.org/~tacik/stata/

i haven't gone & worked out any algebra for the "correct" standard errors,
but if that's what you want to do, then i'd recommend looking into the -
ml - procedure & investing in the Gould & Sribney book that scott merriman
just mentioned: http://www.stata.com/bookstore/mle.html

chris