st: memory limitation

From   "Hugh Gross" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: memory limitation
Date   Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:23:39 -0800

Currently I am using a Pentium 4 processor and Windows XP Professional
operating system.  The maximum amount of memory available to Stata is
approximately 1.3 gig.

I would like to have 10-16 gigs of memory, the more the better.

What do people suggest?

Should I try to work around the limitation on Windows?  Should I consider
another operating system and/or hardware platform?

Many thanks.

Hugh Gross