st: 2 stage selection model with second stage ordered probit

From   "Tory Benya" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: 2 stage selection model with second stage ordered probit
Date   Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:54:18 -0500 (EST)

Dear Mr. Moore,
Thank you for your reply.

To the Stata community:
I tried estimating the model (a 2-stage selection model, with a first stage
probit and a second stage ordered probit) in LIMDEP, but LIMDEP has been, to
say the least, uncooperative.  With regard to the heckprob ado - is there
anywhere I can go, or any books someone would recommend, on programming in
Stata?  I've taken classes in C++ in the past, so picking up syntax etc. is not
(probably) going to be an issue.
Both myself and my advising professor would be most grateful to figure out how
to implement this!