st: Workshops on Models for Categorical Outcomes

From   "Long, J. Scott" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Workshops on Models for Categorical Outcomes
Date   Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:53:11 -0500

I would like to announce two one-week workshops on regression models for
categorical outcomes that I will be teaching this summer as part of the
ICPSR Summer Program (details on the Summer program are at
www.icpsr.umich.edu/training/summer/index.html). These classes use Stata
extensively, based on J. Scott Long and Jeremy Freese Regression Models
for Categorical Dependent Variables Using Stata (see
www.stata.com/bookstore/regmodcdvs.html).

CDA I: Categorical Data Analysis for Binary Outcomes: focuses on models
for binary outcomes, with special attention on how to interpret these
models when there are ordinal or nominal independent variables, group
comparisons, or additional nonlinearities. The class assumes that you
are have completed a course in multiple regression. This class is taught
at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN from July 7-11, 2003. For details
see www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/teach_icpsr_cda1.htm

CDA 2: Categorical Data Analysis: examines the most important regression
models for binary, ordinal, nominal and count outcomes. CDA2 could be
taken during the same summer as CDA 1. Taught at University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, MI from August 4-8. For details, see
www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/teach_icpsr_cda2.htm
Feel free to contact me with questions at [email protected]

Thanks. Scott Long