st: RE: xtgraph in Stata 8

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xtgraph in Stata 8
Date   Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:04:39 -0000

Mike Schmader

> I have found that xtgraph is very helpful in
> generating useful graphs with panel data. It seems
> that the command generates graphs in the old Stata 7
> format. Is there a way to use xtgraph with Stata 8
> graphing capabilities?

Following -findit xtgraph-, I am aware of two -xtgraph-
programs, both user-written.

One by Adrian Mander is for Stata 6.0. One by Paul Seed
is for Stata 7.0.

In both cases, there is no way
to get -xtgraph- to produce Stata 8 graphics except by
rewriting the program. You could contact the author
of the one you are using to see if he has any plan to
do this. Otherwise you would need to do it yourself,
it seems.