st: Re: RE: Ultra Edit

From   "E. Lance Howe" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: RE: Ultra Edit
Date   Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:01:41 -0900

i forwarded this question to ultraedit and this was the reply
_______

I don't think it would be possible to do this from the Tool Configuration
dialog.  You can use %sel% on the command line and this instructs UltraEdit
to add the highlighted/selected text from the active document into the
command line in place of the %sel% but I don't think this would achieve
what the poster is looking for and if the selected text includes CR/LF's
(which I believe it would) then I don't this would be valid for a command
line.
Thanks, Troy
[email protected]

i wasn't aware of the option of running stata directly on ultraedit - i
always change directories cd " (and paste in the address from the relevant
folder) to access the appropriate stata files (which i save as text files to
avoid automatically running them when i click to open) - and this seems to
work very smoothly - also, as i'm sure you know, alternatives to
highlighting directly in ultraedit would be to paste the relevant portions
of your program into the stata do file editor, or use */   /* to partition
off the commands you don't want to run.

Lance.