RE: st: out-of-date commands

From   "Giovanni Vecchi" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: out-of-date commands
Date   Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:23:08 +0100

This is to thank Nick, Ken and others who answered my question on
out-of-date commands.

If I may add a comment, I would like to note that the solution suggested
by Ken does not allow to spot the fact that - tutorial - does not exist
anymore. If I understand it correctly, by typing <search out of date ,
entry> one gets a list of Stata 7 commands which have been
replaced/renamed in Stata 8.

My point in citing the -tutorial- command in my previous posting was
that it is an example of A Stata command which has disappeared with no
replacement. I am sorry if I was unclear.

Thus, my new question could be phrased as follows: is anyone aware of
how to get a list of all Stata 7 commands which have been dropped from
Stata 8 and have not been replaced?

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: st: out-of-date commands

Giovanni Vecchi <> asks:

> Is anyone aware of a list of all Stata 7 commands which have become
> out-of-date in Stata 8?

And Nick Cox <> provides some lists based on
grep.  A caveat concerning the lists Nick shows is that some of
the hlp files found by his grep document several out-of-date

Probably better is to type the following in the Stata command

    . search out of date , entry

and you will get a list of out-of-date commands and links to
their replacements.  This list is not broken out by release
number, but may still be of help.

Ken Higbee
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC