Re: st: uting for Non-independent observations using -xtgee- or -xtlogit-, pa???

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: uting for Non-independent observations using -xtgee- or -xtlogit-, pa???
Date   Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:02:17 -0800 (PST)

--- Wendell Joice <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear statalist,
> Using stata 7, I am trying to perform a logistic
> regression analysis on a
> dataset, covering several years, consisting of
> physician visit data and
> various demographic or visit characteristic
> variables. My basic unit (observation) is an
> individual patient visit to a
> physician. Each visit consists of a different
> patient (no repeated visits
> for any given patient) but each of the physicians
> has several patients.
>
> (1) I am concerned about intra-physician correlation
> (non-independence of
> observation violation) on the visits (possible
> correlation
> between visits that occur to the same physician)

I don't think the -xt- commands which are meant to be
used with longitudinal data are appropriate. I would
either use -logistic- clustering on physician, to
obtain robust SE, or use -clogit- grouping on
physician.

Regards,
Ricardo.

=====