Re: st: 2sls and robust standard errors

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 2sls and robust standard errors
Date   Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:18:47 -0000

Ed,

Are you looking for robust standard errors for the fixed effects
estimator?  I'm guessing you are - I'm not sure that the random
effects IV estimators (EC2SLS and G2SLS) are consistent if the errors
are heteroskedastic.

If indeed it's IV with fixed effects, then you should be able simply
to transform your data into mean-deviation form and then run ivreg
(or ivreg2) with the robust option.  I think Steve Stillman posting
something to Statalist along these lines some months ago.  Perhaps
have a look in the Statalist archives.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mark