st: Announce: Stata User Group Meeting Dublin

From   Alan Kelly <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Announce: Stata User Group Meeting Dublin
Date   Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:19:19 +0000

1st Dublin STATA User Group Meeting

NOTICE�OF�MEETING AND�CALL�FOR�CONTRIBUTIONS

Date: 22nd May 2003

Venue: Trinity College Dublin

The 1st Dublin Stata users meeting will be held in Trinity College Dublin on the 22nd May 2003.
This is the first announcement and call for offers of presentations at the meeting. The programme and (modest!) cost of participation will be announced later.

The scientific organisers of the meeting are Ronal Conroy at RCSI and Alan Kelly at TCD with logistical help from Timberlake Consultants, the distributors of Stata in the UK, Ireland, Spain and Portugal (http://www.timberlake.co.uk).
The meeting is open to all interested - either existing users of Stata or those considering moving to Stata from an alternative statistical package. We are promised attendance by senior management at StataCorp. We hope to arrange an informal get together in a restaurant in the evening for those who are interested.
We welcome offers of presentations. These need not be particularly technical in nature and may simply be illustrative of the kinds of problems that Stata is being used to tackle in an Irish setting.
Please email either Ronan or Alan if you are interested in offering a short talk (15 minutes) on some aspect of Stata use be it data management or data analysis. The latter could well be in the form of a tutorial or a case exercise in the use of Stata for classroom teaching. Do please contact us before end of March, or call sooner if you wish to discuss the suitability of a proposed talk.
As this is the first opportunity for Stata users in Ireland to meet locally to discuss and share their experience, we do hope that you will be willing to come along and participate.

Confirmation of the programme, cost and venue, and details of how to register will be circulated during the next few weeks.

Contact: Alan Kelly (Tel: 01-6081387/2177; email: [email protected]) and Ronan Conroy (Tel: 01-402 2431; email: [email protected])

Alan Kelly