st: RE: Calculate z-values

From   "Steichen, Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Calculate z-values
Date   Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:44:32 -0500

Yvonne,

You can compute the z-values that -lincom- produces as:

    z = ln(OR)*OR/se

where OR and se are the values you posted to your file.

The reported p-values are p = 2*(1-norm(abs(z))).

Tom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or
proprietary non-public information.  If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if
any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.