st: Calculate z-values

From   "Metrika Consulting" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Calculate z-values
Date   Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:14:47 +0100

Does anyone know how to calculate z-values from odds ratios and
standard errors of odds ratios?

I have run a hugh amount of "logit..., robust or"  regressions
followed by "lincom....., or", and I have posted all the r(estimate)
and r(se) to a new file. The new file thus contains one variable with
odds ratios and one variable with the standard errors of odds ratios.
How can I construct a new variable with the z-values (or some
approximation of z-values)? I thought that "gen z = ln(odds ratio) /
ln(se)" would do it but it is obviously not the right way to do it.