Re: st: Re: list in stata8

From   Edwin Leuven <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: list in stata8
Date   Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:11:29 +0100

> -list-, however, can appear to be slower

for me it typically *is* slower

> The use of a simple option provides the old speed of list.

thanks, I now am using nick's solution with a personalised list command with
uses options clean and nocompress to get stata's old behavior back <sigh>

suffice to say that i regret stata's decision to change the defaults

and then these annoying lines... :-(

anyway, maybe time for a new faq item?

thanks to Alan and Nick for the feedback,

Edwin.