Re: st: RE: list in stata8

From   Edwin Leuven <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: list in stata8
Date   Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:02:45 +0100

> That is indeed a problem if you want to -list-
> 333,828 observations.

It has never been a problem, so don't ridicule my point

Obviously I just want to look at my data, but I don't want to type l in 1/100
or something like this

There is no reason for the speed of list to depend on the size of my data

If I type l, stata should just start spitting out the data

This is what stata 7 did, and this is what stata 8 should do

It's just a buggy implementation of list afaic

Ed.