st: RE: svyset

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: svyset
Date   Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:32:59 -0500

I don't quite understand how there are only two strata if the villages are
stratified by both income and geography.  It seems to me that there has to
be at least four, unless all of the villages in one geographic area are
poor, and all the ones in the other area are not-poor (or something like
that).

That said, I think I would define the strata down to the village level and
specify the village as the PSU.  Although a case can be made for households
as PSUs, maybe.

Since you only have a household weight, then I guess you will need to use
that.  Unless you have enough information to create a person weight.

This is all based on the information here.  If anything is left out, the
suggestions could be incorrect.

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.
[email protected]