st: svyset

From   "Zhonghe Li" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: svyset
Date   Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:44:25 -0500

Hi all,

In our survey, we have selected 2 townships from 1 county.  And then all the
villages in each township were stratified by average per capita income level
and geographic location into two strata.  Within each stratum of villages,
n1 villages were randomly selected.  Among the n1 villages selected, n2
households within each selected village were randomly selected;  and then
the household head was interviewed for household level information; and each
individual within the household was interviewed for their health status,
expenditure and so on.

My question is exactly how to set up the strata, cluster and the pweight in
this example.  For example, the pweight is really for the household level.
But when I am estimating the individual level variables, how should I
caculate the weight?  Should it carry the household level weight?

Thank you.

Elena Li