st: estimating parameters of Weibull distribution

Subject   st: estimating parameters of Weibull distribution
Date   Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:59:56 -0700

Greetings Statalisters-
I need to estimate both parameters from the Weibull
distribution (beta & theta) using the maximum likelihood
estimation method.  I have referenced the reference manual and
it assumes that I am using a specific data set with a Weibull
distribution but I need the estimates using the general Weibull
pdf.  I also want to estimate the variance-covariance matrix of
the MLEs.  Any suggestions (aside from computing it by hand)?

Kindest regards,