Re: st: Bar Color

From (Jean Marie Linhart, StataCorp.)
Subject   Re: st: Bar Color
Date   Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:35:24 -0600

Friedrich Huebler wrote:
> I am unable to reproduce the first example under "Remarks" on page 72
> of the Graphics manual.
> . graph bar mpg weight, bar(1 bcolor(green)) bar(2 bcolor(red))
>   invalid bar number, 1 bcolor(green)
>   invalid syntax
>   invalid syntax
>   invalid syntax
>   invalid syntax
>   r(198);
> I have tried different variations and always get the same error
> message. The second example on page 72 does not result in an
> error message. Can anyone get the first example to work? I use Stata 8
> with the latest updates in Windows 98.

We have a typo in the manual.  That example should read:

graph bar mpg weight, bar(1, bcolor(green)) bar(2, bcolor(red))
                      note ^                note ^
I will note that correct syntax can be found in the help file, and
syntax is also correct on p. 117 of the Graphics manual, the main
entry for -graph bar-.

--Jean Marie