Re: st: -regplot- updated for Stata 8 on SSC

From   Fred Wolfe <>
Subject   Re: st: -regplot- updated for Stata 8 on SSC
Date   Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:11:18 -0600

Dear Nick,

I am having trouble posting to the list because of an address problem. But I would raise one issue that I think is important.

Here's what happens if I update your command.

If I tell my fellows who are using version 7 to use regplot, I presume it crashes because it is now version 8. My ado files are used by version 7 and 8. In addition, version 8 is so intolerably slow that I find myself typing -version7- to get graphs that are not available by gr7. It would be nice if Stata offered us the ability -set graphv7- while otherwise running in v8.

Maybe you might consider in your next updates adding a 7 to older files and changing -graph- to gr7.