Re: st: including all interactions among a set of variables

From   "Christopher W. Ryan" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: including all interactions among a set of variables
Date   Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:55:48 -0500

Are your dependent variables continuous our categorical?

I'm certainly no expert at this Stata stuff yet, but I have been running some
multiple linear regression models with categorical variables, and I have gotten
interactions  by using

xi:regress depvar i.var1*i.var2

It looks like this gave me regression coefficients for var 1, var 2, and
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency
40 Arch Street, Johnson City, NY  13790
Public key generated with PGP 602i available at
or via

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the
work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless
sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]