st: Combining values

From   "Rodrigo Briceņo" <>
To   "Statalist \(E-mail\)" <>
Subject   st: Combining values
Date   Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:38:24 -0600

Hello Stata listers. I was looking in the Faq and did not find any topic
related with my question. I think is very simple. I need to combine the
values provided in two variables to make a new variable. For example:

New variable=499 where the first number represents a code and the second the
age recorded depending of the first code.

Thanks for your precious time!