Re:st:individual effects and heteroskedasticity

From   "tom blade" <>
Subject   Re:st:individual effects and heteroskedasticity
Date   Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:56:12 -0500

Dear all,

I also have the same question. I notice that not very much often questions about panel data are answered. I would greatly wellcome your help on this topic.

>I'm a new user of stata and have a doubt. I want to >incorporate individual effects and heteroskedasticity >but xtgls does not allow for this. Would it be a good >idea to xtdata, re and then use regress? (I have >checked between fixed effects, random effects and >poolability and re is the best). I have read that >xtdata is only for looking for the best model, not to >make inference. If this is not a good idea, how could >I estimate a model with individual effects and >heteroskedasticity?
>I would appreciate your help sincerely.
>Raul Gonzalez

Check out the new EudoraMail at