Re: st: -format %9.0g- displays commas in -graph box-

From   [email protected] (Vince Wiggins, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -format %9.0g- displays commas in -graph box-
Date   Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:56:04 -0600

Daniel Mueller <[email protected]> asks about changing the
format on the y-axis labels when using -graph box-

> I am graphing some data with -graph hbox-, but one variable insists
> on displaying commas in the graph (but not when -list-ed). The
> -format- seems to be ok.
> [...]

Daniel also notes that the format is not picked up from the graphed variable.

-graph box-, -graph bar-, and -graph dot- all accept more than one variable to
be plotted.  Rather than try to determine which format among the variables to
use for the axis labels, these command use a general format.  That format can
be changed, however, by using the -label()- sub-option of -ylabel()-, e.g.

     . graph bar mpg turn trunk , ylabel(, format(%6.2f))

-- Vince