st: RE: xtivreg

From   "Steven Stillman (LMPG)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xtivreg
Date   Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:26:30 +1300

Pedro,
At this point, your best bet is to transform your data using xtdata, fe and
use ivreg2 to estimate a fixed-effect iv model.   As the default for ivreg2
is to produce large sample estimates, your test results and standard errors
will not be affected by the transformation.  This will not work for
estimating a random effects iv model.  Writing an xtivreg2 program which
does this all automatically is on my to-do list but I am not sure how soon I
will have time to do it.
Steve

The information contained in this document is intended only for the
 addressee and is not necessarily the views nor the official
communication of the Department of Labour.  All final/official papers
which are sent from the Department will be sent by non-electronic
means, on appropriate letterhead, signed by authorised personnel.