st: trapezoidal integration over variables

From   "Stephen Rothenberg" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: trapezoidal integration over variables
Date   Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:03:13 -0800

I have a wide data set (each subject on its own row) with repeated
measurements over time, each time and measurement variable pair repeated six
times in Stata 8.  I've read -integ- in the -range- command and it seems to
require a single pair of x and y variables.

I'd like to generate a new variable that, for each subject, contains the
trapezoidal integration of that subject's measurement over time, measured in
concentration*time units.  There are data missing for some subjects at some
time periods

Can anyone suggest an elegant solution?

Many thanks,
Steve Rothenberg