st: resetting of Variables window after -svytab, ci-

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist (E-mail)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: resetting of Variables window after -svytab, ci-
Date   Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:01:27 -0500

Hi all:
I guess this is a question for StataCorp more than list members, but maybe
others have noticed the same behaviour.

When using the -svytab- command, the output is always longer than one "page"
of the Results window, you see --more--, and you have to click the spacebar
to allow the output to continue. Use of the -ci- option causes the Variables
window to "reset" itself to the top of the list of variables. I can guess
that this is because of some temporary variables that are created at the
bottom of the variable list. Nevertheless, this is quite irritating if you
have a long list of variables as you have to continually scroll through the
Variable window to find the set you were working on. For some reason, the
behaviour can be short-circuited by -set more off-, but I generally like to
keep -more- on. I haven't noticed the behaviour in any other command but
-svytab- and only then if I use the -ci- option. So, the question is: can
this be fixed?

Thanks,
Lee

Lee Sieswerda, Epidemiologist