st: Density distribution sunflower paper

From   "Dupont, William" <>
To   "" <''>
Subject   st: Density distribution sunflower paper
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:48:31 -0600

A paper on density distribution sunflower plots has recently been
published by the Journal of Statistical Software 2003; 8 (3): 1-5.  (see ).

This paper presents a variant on Cleveland and McGill's sunflower plot
that attempts to convey the density distribution of dense bivariate
data.  A revised help file for our Stata program, called sunflower, has
been posted on SSC.

Bill Dupont

-----Original Message-----
From: Dupont, William
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 8:55 AM
To: ''
Subject: Revised sunflower program

Kit Baum has just posted the latest version of our sunflower program on
SSC.  This revised program handles frequency weights more efficiently
than the previous version.  The help file and program options have also
been refined in response to suggestions from an editor and his referees.

Bill Dupont

William D. Dupont          phone: 615-322-2001          URL