st: graph margins (Stata 8)

From   Phil Schumm <>
Subject   st: graph margins (Stata 8)
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:24:02 -0600

I assume that this question is answered in the new graphics manual, but unfortunately my copy has not yet arrived (it was just ordered), and so I hope you'll forgive the question. I have been putting together a few customized schemes for specific types of work that I frequently do, and based on the schemes in the distribution the syntax seems pretty straightforward and easy to work with. One thing I haven't been able to figure out, however, is how to control the left and top margins of a graph when it is printed. I used to do this under Stata 7 with commands of the form:

translator set gph2ps lmargin 0.75
translator set gph2ps tmargin 1.10

Despite several attempts, however, I have been unable to translate these into a form which is acceptable within the context of a scheme. If anyone has already dealt with this issue in Stata 8 and can give me a hint, I'd be most grateful.

-- Phil
* For searches and help try: