st: Re: how to get tables into publishable format

From   "Christopher W. Ryan" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: how to get tables into publishable format
Date   Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:09:52 -0500

I've just discovered myself that all of this is true.  The trouble with
supercolumns is all the more confusing since frequencies from -table- that
equal zero are just left blank.  So after copy and paste, the values in columns
with zero freqs can be shifted incomprehensibly.  Specifying the -table- option
"missing" can help a bit.

Furthermore, what if you log your output to a plan-text .log file?  I have
found that the tables appear in TextPad with space-separated cells.  Copying
and pasting this into a spreadsheet puts whole rows into single cells:  another
mess.   A  .smcl log, viewed in the Sata Viewer, allows "copy table" just like
the Results window does.  It would be nice if a .log log file would store the
tables with tab separators.

Thanks for the help.

Christopher W. Ryan, MD
SUNY Upstate Medical University