st: Double hurdle model for Stata

From   "Olli-Pekka Ruuskanen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Double hurdle model for Stata
Date   Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:52:14 +0200

Dear STATA community

Is there a program for estimating Double Hurdle model for STATA? This model was first proposed by Gragg (1971) and subsequently it has been used for example by Deaton and Irish (1984), Jones (1992) and Garcia and Labeaga (1996). It is an extension to Heckman�s model with selectivity, which explicitly models non-participation and potential participation apart from the observed participation.

None of my attempts to find it in any of the archives and sites have succeeded. I would be grateful for any information.

Yours Sincerely

Olli-Pekka Ruuskanen
Kampala, Uganda

* For searches and help try: