st: RE: -db- suggestion

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: -db- suggestion
Date   Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:02:22 -0500

> From: Roger Harbord [mailto:[email protected]]
> At the moment in Stata 8.0 :
>
> . db
>
>  - without any arguments gives an error.  Does anyone else
> think it would
> be great if it brought up the last dialog box instead?
> (Sometimes the name of this is is  not quite the same as the
> name of the
> last command, e.g. -db ttestby- is not the same as -db
> ttest-, which gives
> you a list to choose from in the Viewer - I'd wish to always
> get the last
> dialog box straight away.)

I've continued to avoid db's, so I can't speak to the utility of this
generally, but it sounds useful to me.

> Alternatively, some way of stopping the dialog box closing
> when you click
> 'OK' - I know X-Windows has pushpins that do this, but I
> think maybe in MS
> Windows dialog boxes either always close on OK or always
> don't ?? - the
> latter means you can easily end up with far too many dialog
> boxes around at
> the same time  (anyone else used Genstat for Windows?).

I believe that the "Submit" button - as opposed to "OK" - is what you
want here.  A "Paste" addition -- which would put the command into the
doeditor, rather than submitting it to stata directly, might be useful
though.

--Nick Winter