Re: st: Docking of review/variable windows no more?

From   Chinh Nguyen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Docking of review/variable windows no more?
Date   Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:04:53 -0600

Nick Winter ([email protected]) asked:

Is it me, or has the feature whereby the variables and review windows
"dock" with the main stata window disappeared?  With the original
and [email protected] (Alan Riley) responded:

Since Stata will remember its windowing preferences between sessions,
we decided that the way to avoid confusion among some users was to
not dock the Review and Variables windows and instead let users
position them exactly where they wanted them.  In the future, we may
add a preference so that users can choose to dock these windows.
For what it's worth, all of the major applications with floating windows that I'm aware of do not dock their floating windows. Microsoft Word and Adobe Photoshop come to mind. Although they look like regular document windows, they're more similar to tool palettes--they just happen to use text rather than icons.

-Chinh Nguyen

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/